Business and Economics
Key stage 4
- Offer mentoring and support to other pupils where possible.
- Eight mark questions – these are longer answer questions at GCSE that involve skill in both Business Studies knowledge and also English writing as you get marked on SPAG too!
- The promotion of studying Business Studies and Economics at A Level and beyond.
- Using Business skills in other subjects, this may be particularly helpful in PSHE lessons.
Key Stage 5
This stage of your education is preparing you for the world of work or further education. With this in mind the way that you approach the course should be different.
- Independent Work – you should be taking ownership of your own learning, reading around the subject and doing extra work at home making sure you fully understand concepts.
- Long Answer Questions (18 marks) – completing these from past papers can provide a great way of checking your understanding and help you identify areas for further development.
- Wider Reading – this could include journals and should definitely include newspapers such as the Sunday Times Business Supplement.
- Take a Subscription to Business or Economics Review.
- Becoming a Sixth Form Mentor – come along to lower school lessons and share your understanding. A programme can be tailored to your available study periods.
Here are some of the extra-curricular activities we offer in Business Studies & Economics, why not get involved?
- Young enterprise
- Revision sessions